Aconex brings dose of collaboration to Graham hospital expansion
Project name: Kelowna General Hospital | Industry: Health & EducationProject size: US$252 million | Location: Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
The expansion of Kelowna General Hospital and Vernon Jubilee Hospital is one of British Columbia’s largest public-private partnership (PPP) projects. The Kelowna General Hospital development consists of a 394,000-square-foot patient care tower, which includes a new emergency department, general clinics area, surgical services, and short-stay beds. Built to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards, the project also includes a new outpatient hospital and a 34,000-square-foot clinical campus for the University of British Columbia.
- Complex project with multiple stakeholders and high visibility.
- Need for many individuals and organizations to share information readily.
- Thousands of documents, drawings and correspondence items to manage.
- PPP project with strict guidelines for information management, transparency and accountability.
- Project collaboration between different organizations on a single, central system.
- Secure, neutral platform for project information and process management.
- Automated workflows for review and approval processes.
- Permanent audit trail of all documents and correspondence.
- Processing of 585,000 documents and 4,500 drawings by a project team of 700 across 90 companies.
- Acceleration of the tendering process by six days per bid package.
- Increased efficiency of project start-up, with a reduction of several weeks.
- Improved workflows and accountability for review and approval, with a reduction of eight hours to ten minutes per review, or a total of 32,900 hours of administrative time.
- Printing cost savings totaling 80%.